I find that a lot of people who feel stuck in their careers have a desire to do more with their lives. When I talk to them about their aspirations, their eyes light up and their body language changes to be more confident. Often, it is their own mindset and perception of what is possible which limits them. I use coaching to help them to see possibilities, to make shifts, and hold them accountable for their actions so that they begin to live a life that is more meaningful and happier.
I specialise in coaching people on their value and self-worth, to overcome self-doubt so that they have the courage to better manage their career, whether it's seeking a new job, making a career change, coping with redundancy, or self-employed business owners growing their businesses. I also help coach women on confidence and personal growth so that they feel more empowered to do the things they really care about.
For many of the people I have worked with, and perhaps you are like this too, they didn't feel heard or supported growing up and weren't actively encouraged to pursue their aspirations, or to do the things they love. In fact, they may have been discouraged to say and do things, and they became more subdued, they begin to dim their own light, and develop the belief that they aren't good enough. This can sometimes hold them back from pursuing their aspirations, and yet despite their struggles, they have a quiet determination and strength.
Through the work I've done with others, I make space for people to be themselves, to be heard and listened to. By using coaching
I help people to access their inner wisdom and resources, so that they feel more empowered and confident in themselves. The magic happens when people stop hiding that part of themselves and step into their personal power.
The tell-tale signs of someone who no longer feels fulfilled in their career are:
- Lack of enthusiasm, work has become a routine and a chore
- You wake up feeling dread in your body the day before a working day
- Stress and overwhelmed, constant tiredness, you might be eating a lot or drinking caffeine to keep yourself stimulated
- Either time seems to go very slowly and you are clock watching, or you find that there aren’t enough hours in the day to do all that you are meant to do
- Perhaps you are berating yourself for procrastinating
What’s often stopping people:
- Fear of change
- Potential loss of income and how this might impact on the family
- Being seen as too inexperienced, or overly experienced
- Uncertainty on what to do next
- Not valuing their own worth and failing to recognise the things they are good at
Some of the benefits of working with me:
- I listen to create a safe space for you to express your professional needs and aspirations
- A soul plan reading can help you to identify your talents and skills
- Learn how to be more effective at finding a job
- Help you to gain clarity and confidence on your career direction
- Coaching to help with problem solving to overcome challenges you might be experiencing
- I will support and challenge you where appropriate to help you to develop your potential
- I facilitate the session to assist you in staying motivated and empowered to make choices
- Assist in building your confidence for you to take action and make progress
What is required from you:
- Commitment to do the work, as we agree actions between the sessions to help you to move towards your aspirations
- Willingness to develop your self-awareness so that we can identify areas you might be struggling with and focus on what needs to be done to help you to progress.
Client from London
"I had contacted Josie for help with improving my CV as I wanted a change in career industry from Finance to Education. Josie spoke with me to discuss in detail what kind of career I was looking for and also focussed on my strengths as I was not confident enough to apply for a senior position. She improved my CV and gave me the strength and support which resulted in getting a Manager position in Education. I then recommended her to my neighbour who is a mum and a HR Manager for a well-known hospitality company in Central London seeking a career change. Josie also helped her to create a CV and gave her careers guidance and she was very pleased with the results."
Client from the Midlands
"I met up with Josie and consulted her on my career situation as I had been working several years for an accountancy firm and was seeking a new career, but was struggling to get a new job despite making numerous applications.
After speaking with Josie, I gained clarity that what I really wanted was to move to Manchester. Josie helped me to improve my CV. I started applying for positions in Manchester and was offered a post two months later. I then moved to Manchester to start my post, which has kept me really busy.
Josie is very supportive. She has excellent listening skills and a non-judgemental attitude which enabled me to confine in her and share with her my concerns and hopes for the future. I found Josie’s questioning techniques very insightful. It helped me to identify where my challenges and key developments were. Without Josie’s help it wouldn’t have been possible for me to achieve my goals."
Client from Dorset
"Josie fulfilled all of my criteria for coaching by providing a non judgemental listening ear and acted as a sounding board, she gave valuable insight from a different perspective; Josie helped with setting developmental goals and providing developmental feedback. By working with Josie I was able to understand my strengths and embrace opportunities for improvement. My coaching experience with Josie was rewarding, worthwhile, and the benefits continue far beyond the coaching period."
Client from Peru
"Josie is a generous, kind and gifted coach that displays so much patience and an expert eye to ask you the right questions to lead you into self-discovery. I can also say her words of understanding paired with her passion to make you feel empowered, gave me the strength to take the necessary steps to eventually start off with my own plans for the future.
Both belonging to different cultures and backgrounds, I was not expecting a warm person on the other side of the planet to make me feel it was not too late for a middle-aged mother to be courageous and trust my own instincts to exploit my innate abilities and pursue my true passions.
Her zealousness and diligent guidance gave me the nudge I needed to set up an independent business related to teaching English mainly to business people; what is more, she encouraged and inspired me to believe in the possibility of a humble singing career in my country, an endeavour I’m still in the onset of.
Thanks to her invaluable assistance, I am currently managing my own small online teaching business successfully and it is blossoming as days go by, and developing my talents as a singer."
Career Coaching Prices
Pay Per Session Service
Clarity Coaching Session
Get a Job Package
Get Work Ready
Career Confidence Programme
Coming Home to Yourself
6 x 1.5 hour of personalised coaching sessions